greens are shaggier than my carpet!

philip kupfer
i no a lot of effort is put into the course but i played on the course today with my dad in the afternoon and the greens were awful even though i putted like a deamon on them, but why is it that everytime we play on these greens are they so slow and shaggy its becoming an increasing theme why have all this extra work go into them to allow them to become like carpets its a bit embarrasing to be honest and needs addressing especially as the weather is getting warmer and warmer now they need regular cutting and whatever the blade is currently set to on the mower its clearly not low enough i no grass needs to be kept on them because its a municipal and that they take a lot of wear and tear but they need to be of a required standard for golf members and non members to have a quality putting experiance and there never cut low enough! also the persistant grass cuttings that are all over the semi rough of the course makes it look really shabby this is another problem as balls are being lost in relatively short rough just off fairways this is making the course look very untidy, if the course is to be considered the best municipal course around these problems need to be adressed, i dont mind helping at certain times in the week to help with collecting these grass cuttings up around the course to make it tidier just seems careless to me that these little things keep happning! sorry if i seem a bit blunt but its a real pain because where certain parts seem to improve others fall below standard. just food for thought people!