bunkers truly are shocking!

philip kupfer
also if this course is progress we really need to look at the sand in our bunkers as to be quite honest both members and visiting teams etc in the past have commented on the sand that frequents these bunkers its awful quite frankly its like builders sand and not the required sand if the course is to keep progressing so i do think as a must the bunkers also require some remodelling and care and attention all these finer details will help to improve the overall standard of the club and with the right people now on the comitee i hope they will see this and act accordingly.

Re: bunkers truly are shocking!

Peter Brown
Administrator
Thanks Phil.  Below is a copy of the email I've sent to the rest of the Committee today 30th April.  Rest assured the matters will be raised and we'll just have to see what unfolds.

Great use of the Committee Link facility Phil!!

Copy of email :

Hi guys

In case you haven’t seen them, Phil Kupfer has posted the following two points for us to consider :

i brought it to barry hopes attention via a txt but also would like to share with you the information i found out for myself i spend alot of time travelling around with my darts friend to other courses once a month and regulary use the site teeofftimes.co.uk for great deals on golf courses up and down the country, each course gets a review so i decided to look at perdiswell parks review and to my delight it was very well recieved on the site and had some excellent comments but one thing was apparant by the reviews by users of the course was that it lacked signage to direct players to the next tee i think if the club is moving forward and strives to get better as it is simple little things like a sign here and there and a bit more direction out on the course woudant go a miss, jake does an excellent job of making markers more visible etc and these little added extras dotted about would give the course a more proffesional feel and look about the place .hope to hear a positive response and please may the commitee see this as another must do thing in order to keep making the course develop and attract more people to play it aswell as members.

also if this course is progress we really need to look at the sand in our bunkers as to be quite honest both members and visiting teams etc in the past have commented on the sand that frequents these bunkers its awful quite frankly its like builders sand and not the required sand if the course is to keep progressing so i do think as a must the bunkers also require some remodelling and care and attention all these finer details will help to improve the overall standard of the club and with the right people now on the comitee i hope they will see this and act accordingly.

I think he makes two good points but I’m not sure how much we can do to address these issues.  I suppose the signage point could be something we could have a look at;  actually, I do agree that the course is not marked out at all well for first-timers and I often get asked where the next tee is!!

The bunker issue is possibly out of our hands although perhaps John Rudge could speak with Chris Bedford to see if there is anything that can be done.

Regards
Pete