Local Rule (Posts & Ropes)

Geoff Nunney
During our game on Sunday a point was raised about the new Local Rule regarding the “Ropes and Posts”.

We were teeing off at the 7th hole and an “errant shot” from one of our group went very close to the posts around the 6th green. The question was asked that under the new Local Rule could the tee shot be retaken, had it indeed hit one of the posts?

The group feeling was that it couldn’t as we were not playing the 6th hole.

Does the committee agree or disagree?

If the committee is in agreement and in order to save any further confusion may I suggest that we add the words “on the hole being played”, to the Local Rule so that it would read as follows:-

If a ball strikes any part of a protective staked rope around the green on the hole being played.......

Re: Local Rule (Posts & Ropes)

Peter Brown
Administrator
I've alerted Barrie and asked for his response.

Re: Local Rule (Posts & Ropes)

Barrie Hope
Geoff

Thanks for the input. Amended guidance issued. You might want to suggest to the individual concerned that they consider taking up darts rather than golf