Club Championship

Tom Jenkins
I just wondered if someone could clarify a couple of things for the club championship for next Saturday please. I have heard some people state that for both the club championship (gross)) and turner shield (net) you must complete 2 rounds on the day but having read the competition guide it just says the first round will be used for both? And then the second round will be used for the second part of the club championship. So are all entrants expected to play both rounds next Saturday or can players just enter for the turner shield and play the morning only.
Secondly, do we know the time slots for the afternoon and how is that being organised?
I am sure we would have been finding out at some point but the Mrs is out that night and I need to know if I need to organise a sitter of going to be back late(ish)
Thanks

Re: Club Championship

Barrie Hope
A newsletter was issued 22nd June detailing the arrangements for this year's Club Champs. I have forwarded the newsletter to your email address fyi. The Competition guide was produced back in February before the decision about this year's comp was made - it will be updated in due course.

The Club Championships for 2017 will be structured as follows:

1.There will be a 36 hole Scratch Competition and 36 hole Handicap Competition running simultaneously. The lowest aggregate score over the two rounds will win the related Trophy – lowest aggregate gross score in the Scratch comp and the lowest aggregate nett score in the Handicap comp.

2.Players can win the trophy and/or monetary prizes in either competition but not both.

3.Entry will be £3 per player. A "2s" sweep will also be running on the day.

4.The total prize pot will be shared equally between the two competitions. Monetary prizes to be awarded to 1st (60%) and 2nd (40%) in both.

5.Both competitions will comprise of 2 rounds played on the same day (morning and afternoon). The morning round will utilize the usual time zones i.e. 8.00-9.04 and 9.10-10.00 with the afternoon rounds starting at 1.30 until 3.30.

6.The same start sheet and groupings will be used for both the morning and afternoon round so players only need to book in once. This not only ensures that players have sufficient “turnaround” time between rounds but also makes the overall administration of the competitions more manageable.

7.To win both the Scratch and Handicap Club Championship players must play in both rounds. A player may decide to only play in the morning round which is fine but they will not be able to win the associated Trophies or monetary prizes.

Whilst this format may not appeal to all, the Club Championship is our club’s flagship event and, as such, it should provide a robust assessment of a player’s abilities in order to identify the Club’s Scratch and Handicap Champion golfers. Being the flagship event, it is hoped that as many players as possible will actively support the Club by participating.

The Turner Shield, which has traditionally been played at the same time as the Perdiswell Park Club Championship, will now be played for in it’s own right on Saturday 9th September.

The Committee

Re: Club Championship

Tom Jenkins
Thanks. Must have missed the previous message.